Online Teacher Academy
Julie Larsen Maher©WCS
WCS's Professional Development Department invites K-12 educators to take a walk on the wild side. Whether teaching for schools or non-traditional settings, our Online Teacher Academy offers something for every teacher!
WCS's award-winning Online Teacher Academy is pleased to offer a variety of learning experiences to suit your needs and interests. Our courses conveniently enhance your understanding of the living world and revitalize your love for nature and science. Entirely online, these six-week courses provide unique opportunities to examine the life sciences of zoology, ecology and conservation, through topics including predators, marine biology, habitat ecology, and climate connections.
Realizing it's not just what we teach, but how we teach it, our courses elaborate on effective science education practices. Pedagogical studies will better equip you to facilitate scientific learning and promote STEM (Science,Technology, Engineering, and Math) programs and curriculum.
- Enhance your teaching and use of technology in the classroom
- Learn from virtual and interactive simulations, videos, and presentations from WCS scientists
- Interact with educators around the world
- Graduate credits available
- Receive excellent, ready-to-use education resources
March 21 - May 2