Bronx Zoo Update: News Conference with Bronx Zoo Director
When: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 4 p.m.
Jim Breheny, WCS Senior Vice President for Living Institutions, Director of the Bronx Zoo
Schiff Family Great Hall, Bronx Zoo
Thursday, March 31, 2011, 4 p.m.
SPECIAL NOTE TO REPORTERS: PLEASE ARRIVE BY 3:30 P.M. FOR CHECK IN.
ALL MEDIA MUST ENTER AT BRONX ZOO’S RAINEY GATE/FORDHAM ROAD ENTRANCE
MEDIA NOTE(S): Members of the media who wish to attend are asked to contact Max Pulsinelli (1-571-218-7601; firstname.lastname@example.org) or Steve Fairchild (1-914-263-8179; email@example.com) so that parking and access can be arranged. Members of the media MUST enter through the Rainey Gate entrance off of Fordham Rd. Parking will be provided.
Directions: From Manhattan:
- Take the Triborough or Willis Avenue Bridge to the Bruckner Expressway East.
- Take the Bronx River Parkway North to Exit 7W (Fordham Rd.)
- Take the first ramp on your right (in front of the New York Botanical Garden).
- Turn left at the light (on the corner by Fordham University) and left again back onto Fordham Rd.
- Turn right at the blinking light into Rainey Gate. This is a big, ornate gate with animals on it.
- Once through the gate, WCS staff will direct you to your parking space.
Max Pulsinelli: 571-218-7601
Steve Fairchild: 914-263-8179
Stephen Sautner: 718-220-3682
The Wildlife Conservation Society’s Bronx Zoo is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Adult admission is $16, children (3-12 years old) $12, children under 3 are free, seniors (65+) are $14. Parking is $13 for cars and $16 for buses. The Bronx Zoo is conveniently located off the Bronx River Parkway at Exit 6; by train via the #2 or #5 or by bus via the #9, #12, #19, #22, MetroNorth, or BxM11 Express Bus service (from Manhattan that stops just outside the gate.) To plan your trip, visit www.bronxzoo.com or call 718-367-1010.