Bronx Zoo Debuts Mia – The Egyptian Cobra at Zoo's Reptile House for Media Only
Friday, April 8, 2011 – 1:30-3:00 PM
Saturday, April 9, 2011 – 9:00-10:00 AM
Photo/Video opportunity of Mia, the Bronx Zoo’s Egyptian cobra
Reptile House, Bronx Zoo
Friday, April 8, 2011 – 1:30-3:00 PM AND Saturday, April 9, 2011 – 9:00-10:00 AM
Important Media Notes:
- All media must enter at Bronx Zoo's Rainy Gate/Fordham Road entrance.
- The Reptile House will be open to the public on Saturday, April 9 at 10 am. After that time, no media will be allowed in Reptile House.
- All media will need to call in advance for escorts for Friday and Saturday availibities. All escorts will end at 3PM ON FRIDAY, APRIL 8 and 12 NOON SATURDAY, APRIL 9.
Directions: From Manhattan:
- Take the Triborough or Willis Avenue Bridge to the Bruckner Expressway East.
- Take the Bronx River Parkway North to Exit 7W (Fordham Rd.)
- Take the first ramp on your right (in front of the New York Botanical Garden).
- Turn left at the light (on the corner by Fordham University) and left again back onto Fordham Rd.
- Turn right at the blinking light into Rainey Gate. This is a big, ornate gate with animals on it.
- Once through the gate, WCS staff will direct you to your parking space.
Max Pulsinelli: 571-218-7601
Steve Fairchild: 914-263-8179
Stephen Sautner: 718-220-3682
The Wildlife Conservation Society’s Bronx Zoo is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Adult admission is $16, children (3-12 years old) $12, children under 3 are free, seniors (65+) are $14. Parking is $13 for cars and $16 for buses. The Bronx Zoo is conveniently located off the Bronx River Parkway at Exit 6; by train via the #2 or #5 or by bus via the #9, #12, #19, #22, MetroNorth, or BxM11 Express Bus service (from Manhattan that stops just outside the gate.) To plan your trip, visit www.bronxzoo.com or call 718-367-1010.